In addition (and just as a bit of fun!), I’d like to nominate eleven strictly ‘unofficial’ and personal sponsors for my Whistlestop Tour for Speednetwork the Globe;
1. Berocca (the fizzy orange vitamin supplement): Packing 793% of my recommended daily dose of Vitamin C can’t be bad.
2. Blackberry (the mobile phone): From keeping up to date with emails, to surfing Wikipedia on the move
3. Facebook (the online social network) One status update can bring a suggestion of a meet-up abroad. Amazing!
4. First Defence (the nasal spray) Three sprays up the nose at the beginning of a flight (hopefully) keep colds at bay!
5. Flip (the video recorder); A gadget sensation, I challenge you to find a simpler way to get video onto YouTube
6. Melatonin One of these natural tablets before bed helps combat jet-lag (not available in the UK)
7. Moo (the pleasure card company) Mini-card heaven
8. Skype (the internet telephony aka VOIP service) Video and voice calls back home plus Skype-out calls around the world, saving hundreds of pounds!
9. TEN UK The greatest concierge service on the planet, 24 hours a day, for all kinds of requests from last minute hotels in Mexico City to a computer cable in Singapore.
10. Timbuk2; Make the most incredible laptop bags which slide over the handle of your wheel-on suitcase. Airports go from nightmare to pleasure.
11. Twitter; Surprisingly comforting in the back of a cab in a distant city, catching up on the latest from a very connected crowd and an incredible way to crowd-source swift help and advice.
Have you got any unofficial sponsors for when you travel? Please share them by making a comment here!