Welcome to my personal website. My passion is making valuable connections between people and ideas. I’m retained by several organizations to do exactly that and enjoy taking on special projects.
I’m based in the UK at the moment and hope you will be in touch if you think that I can help you in some way or if you think that we could work together. Please have a read about the sort of things I’m up to.
Friday 3rd October 2008, 5:01am
In addition (and just as a bit of fun!), I’d like to nominate eleven strictly ’unofficial’ and personal sponsors for my Whistlestop Tour for Speednetwork the Globe;
1. Berocca (the fizzy orange vitamin supplement): Packing 793% of my recommended daily dose of Vitamin C can’t be bad.
2. Blackberry (the mobile phone): From keeping up to date with emails, to surfing Wikipedia on the move
3. Facebook (the online social network) One status update can bring a suggestion of a meet-up abroad. Amazing!
4. First Defence (the nasal spray) Three sprays up the nose at the beginning of a flight (hopefully) keep colds at bay!
5. Flip (the video recorder); A gadget sensation, I challenge you to find a simpler way to get video onto YouTube
6. Melatonin One of these natural tablets before bed helps combat jet-lag (not available in the UK)
7. Moo (the pleasure card company) Mini-card heaven
8. Skype (the internet telephony aka VOIP service) Video and voice calls back home plus Skype-out calls around the world, saving hundreds of pounds!
9. TEN UK The greatest concierge service on the planet, 24 hours a day, for all kinds of requests from last minute hotels in Mexico City to a computer cable in Singapore.
10. Timbuk2; Make the most incredible laptop bags which slide over the handle of your wheel-on suitcase. Airports go from nightmare to pleasure.
11. Twitter; Surprisingly comforting in the back of a cab in a distant city, catching up on the latest from a very connected crowd and an incredible way to crowd-source swift help and advice.
Have you got any unofficial sponsors for when you travel? Please share them by making a comment here!