I was asked this recently;
- We would like you to send us the two pieces of advice that you wish you had known when starting out.
- What two tips would you offer a budding young entrepreneur to give them the confidence and go-getting attitude to build a world-class business?
Here were my replies;
Advice I wish I’d been given earlier…
1) Exercise. Great for the body and the mind. It unleashes all kinds of positive energy and ideas.
2) Write to people you admire and ask to go and pick their brains over a quick coffee. You may be surprised who says yes. Similarly, if you’re in the same room or corridor, say hello and you never know where it may lead.
1) Travel. Get outside of the UK to absorb different ideas and ways of living.
2) Choose your reaction. If something challenging happens, you don’t have to react negatively. It’s your choice. That was probably my single biggest realisation. Taking that one step further, make a conscious decision to act in a positive way. It makes all the difference.
What would your answers have been?